Blockchain and crypto data API Amberdata launches new startup plan
Currency Exchanges May Face Extinction If Cryptocurrencies Gain Mass Adoption
CRYPTO VICTIMS DELCARE WAR ON BITMIXERS: Bitblender Public Site Suspended
Elrond partners with Runtime Verification to take smart contracts to the next level
Ripple CEO Reveals Discussion With US Treasury Secretary, Says Lawmakers Risk Handing New Sector of Global Economy to Foreign Interests
President Trump’s New Federal Reserve Pick Digs Crypto
UK Royal Mint to Provide Custody for New Cryptocurrency
Sally Ho's Technical Analysis 16 July 2019
Video and Transcript of U.S. Treasury Secretary’s Press Briefing on Cryptocurrencies
Tron’s latest weekly report reveals details about much awaited ‘TRC20-USDT Incentive Plan 2.0’
Senate Releases Opening Statements on Libra Ahead of Senate Hearing
A City in Canada to Accept Crypto Assets for Tax After Council Approval, Bolstering Adoption
Polychain Leads $7 Million Round in Crypto Trading Desk Altonomy
Should Accountants Adopt Blockchain?
Vitalik Buterin weighs Bitcoin Cash Vs. Ethereum for network scalability
Huobi’s Burns 116 Percent More Tokens Amid Quarterly Revenue Gains
Steven Mnuchin: Stricter Crypto Regulation Is Coming
Barbados approves blockchain fintech company Bitt for regulation
Crypto Genius or Fake? The Craig Wright Saga Explained
Facebook’s blockchain lead says ‘no intention’ for Libra to influence global monetary policy
Crypto liquidity and OTC firm Altonomy raises $7M led by Polychain and 7 Blocks
Thieves lost 2.22 bitcoin on the Lightning Network because of security measures, research shows
Binance Successfully Concluded Its Mainnet ’Galileo’ Upgrade
US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin Is ‘Not Comfortable’ With Facebook’s Libra
Sea-Change for Bytecoin with the Full Release of Amethyst
Photo: Bytecoin BCN / Twitter
Previously in its beta stage, Amethyst 3.4.0 is the product of a long process of testing and refinement. The stable release ossifies the following six changes:
- Deterministic wallets: previously wallet keys and passwords were kept inside of the wallet file itself. While this method bolsters security, if someone forgets his password his wallet and funds are lost to him forever. With this update Bytecoin has introduced Mnemonic passphrases to their platform, allowing people with the new version of the wallets to regain lost access.
- Unlinkable addresses: via CryptoNote research and development Bytecoin developers have figured out a way to create entirely unlinkable addresses. This allows for groups of addresses to share the same view keys without an outside observer being able to tell if these addresses have a common derivative key. This update picks up where the Payment ID and Shared View Keys features left off.
- Implicit Wallet History: only transaction senders can restore destination addresses from transaction data by adding a single byte per output to the blockchain. The Bytecoin devs have enabled these changes for legacy addresses, getting rid of public transaction keys altogether.
- Auditable view-only wallets: Bytecoin developers have improved the cryptogrophy behind view-only wallets. Now, auditable file-versions of wallets can be shared in the Bytecoin community with the option of letting auditors also view the destination addresses on transactions.
- Blocksize adaptation: Bytecoin devs have introduced direct voting as a method for dealing with the problem of blocksize adaptation. In this paradigm each miner states what his preferred blocksize is and then the median of the gathered votes becomes the maximum blocksize.
- Signature pruning: signatures take up to 80% of the blockchain and often go unchecked beyond the last checkpoint due to the computation power they require. To free up space, developers have figured out a way to put signatures on their own hash so they can be effectively pruned out of the blocksize.
Jenny Goldberg, Bytecoin’s CMO, had this to add about the release:
“These changes are both improvements and jumping off points. With the refinements, Bytecoin looks to elevate itself into the next sphere of development, and, in doing so, open pathways for its community to expand and realize the full potential of the platform.“
All features of Amethyst 3.4.0 will start becoming available following the hard fork scheduled to happen around March of this year.
Bytecoin was originally launched in 2012 as the first privacy-oriented cryptocurrency based on CryptoNote technology. With a market cap of over $100 million, Bytecoin remains one of the most significant cryptocurrencies on the market.