CoinFi offers crowdsourced and professionally curated research, analysis, trading signals, trading algorithms, and market-moving news to give cryptocurrency traders the real-time market intelligence needed to gain an edge.
CoinFi is the first decentralized market intelligence platform for crypto. It all starts with the CoinFi token.
Being a CoinFi token holder gives you access to CoinFi's cutting edge crypto financial intelligence through two primary channels: 1) financial media and 2) trading technology.
Cryptocurrency Financial Media
Research, Analysis, & Market Moving News
The media side of CoinFi's platform offers crypto research, analysis, and market moving news, overlaid on top of real-time price charts.
While crypto research, analysis, and news already exists on the internet, there is still no single canonical source that surfaces all of the relevant market intelligence a crypto trader needs to stay on top of the markets, the same way a Bloomberg Terminal does for equities traders.
Fundamental value exists in digging below the surface. Not every investor has the time to scroll through Twitter, Reddit, forums, Slack/Telegram groups, Google, etc. in order to uncover hidden threads that may be relevant for trading. Diving deep often reveals valuable information to investors and traders, but is a time consuming activity.
Our technology systems aggregate this information and our in-house editorial team curates and filters the incoming news articles to ensure only the most important items are shown for optimum signal-to-noise ratio, saving you time and energy on research.
In addition, community analysts who uncover and publish useful information vetted by CoinFi’s crowdsourced fact-checking system and in-house moderation team are rewarded by the CoinFi ecosystem via tokens.
Signals, Algorithms, & Bots
The technology side of CoinFi’s platform brings Wall Street caliber tools to the crypto market, and makes them available to the everyday crypto investor.
At the moment there are only a very limited range of signals and tools available in the crypto market. In fact, CoinFi’s very first trading signal was created when co-founder Timothy Tam started trading crypto on the side and realized he didn’t have access to any of the tools he used as hedge fund manager.
CoinFi's technology platform offers trading signals, trading algorithms, automated trading bots and data feeds. The platform includes in-house tools developed by ex-Wall Street technologists, as well as a marketplace that provides access to crowdsourced trading signals. Users who contribute their trading signals will receive CoinFi tokens commensurate to the community's assessment of their value.
Watch the videos to see some examples of trading signals that CoinFi has developed.
Alex SvanevikChief Data Scientist
Kwa Jie HaoData Scientist
Jesse HonSenior Software Engineer
Eugene KhaimsonHead of Algorithm Development
Jane LippencottHead of Business Development
Wayne LamOperations Manager & Associate Product Manager
Sharon ChenHead of Content
Sylvia LeungOffice & Administrative Manager
Alex LascusCommunity Support
Elliot SommersCommunity Support
Tanushree JainCommunity Support
- Custom Newsfeed with news type classification
- Improved news and content aggregation overlaid on price charts per cryptocurrency
- Improved custom watchlist
- Advanced ICO Metrics (token retention rate, token distribution graph)
- Improved data pipeline
- Market data warehouse
- Accept staked tokens for advanced functionality
- Coin Screeners
- CoinFi Events Calendar
- Initial beta versions of trading signals
- Prototype of machine learning algorithms for content classification, quality assurance, and fraud detection
- Token-incentivized crowdsourcing
- Social functionality including upvote/downvote and sharing
- Revamped homepage
- Research & Analysis
2019Q1 - Trading Signals
- Abnormal volatility detection
- Abnormal price movement detection
- Abnormal volume detection
- Increased social mention detection
- Best price exchange identification
- Best currency pair identification
- Source code release detection
- Launch premium subscription for trading signals
- Accept community contributed trading signals
2019Q2 - Trading Algorithms
- VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price)
- TWAP (Time Weighted Average Price)
- BWAP (Block Weighted Average Price)
- % of Volume
- Target Close
- Implementation Shortfall
- Launch premium subscription for trading algorithms
- Accept community contributed trading algorithms
- Platform architecture for custom signals
- UI/UX for developing custom signals
- Drag and drop functionality to combine signals
- Custom alerting
- Custom cryptocurrency portfolio dashboard